Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 9: Is Anybody There?


Ok, maybe I thought I’d get more of a response or that I thought this process would be easier, but my resume has been up for four days and no one has even commented. It’s so strange to me that everyone that works has gone through this job-hunting process, while I am having so much trouble with it.  Why can’t I find a job?  Have I not been looking hard enough? 

Julian has been hounding me about working for my mom.Yesterday he told me that I was, in the scheme of this bet, “effectively unemployed.”  What a dickhead, it’s not like he is a massive success. His mom found him a job as a super.  Well, that’s what he calls it.  He gets paid $16/hour to smoke cigarettes in his “work out room” and occasionally call a plumber or electrician.  He is really just a guy, in a building with a cell phone, who is overpaid by his employer, a theater company renovating this vacant space. 

Even though I’m not making too much progress regarding the million dollars, I am really enjoying working at my mom’s studio.  I’ve gotten to hone my accounting skills in practical ways that benefit my family.  But I want more. More responsibility.  More money to manage.  More money!

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment