Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 19: Whatever, Mom


            So yeah, I had pretty much made up my mind, and thought I would take the job at the firm.  I called them and went in for an interview and it seemed like they really liked me.  That night when I told my mom, she was totally against it.  We argued for hours about my future and how I had to “contribute to the family,” which sounds like something a Marlon Brando character would say. 

            Push comes to shove, I told her that it was my life, my career, and my future that I had to look out for and this seemed like the best decision financially, both in the short and long run.  I didn’t expect it at all, especially considering my recent raise, but my mom, I guess to make me feel more comfortable, switched my pay from hourly wages of $15 to a salaried position at $45,000 a year.  That’s a monthly raise of $1,350!

            I still am worried that my pay is going to force this company into the ground, because it seems so small on paper.  My mom assured me that it wasn’t a big deal, and I trust her.  Anyway, if anyone needs someone to look at their finances for a small fee, I’m your guy. 


I’ll keep you updated,
JS

4 comments:

  1. hey man congratulations on the promotion!

    Zack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my mom would give me some money like that (no offense, but you're a lucky dude). Instead, my mom just freaks out and tells me I need to get a new job. I guess taking on a career as a novelist is risky business but I can't wait to prove her wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems as though you see better places.. I wonder if you are in the new world, the one my father flew too. They said that in the new world there is dinner on the table every day. I'm not sure if I believe it. Do you really eat every day? A job is what you speak of? That is good, I only wish my father has a job as well, the ones they give away in the new world. If you see him, tell him Lula says hello.

    ReplyDelete