Sunday, February 26, 2012

Finally, Some Answers. But More Questions...


            So I’ve been pretty confused as to how my mom has been paying me so much and I can tell by the comments in my last post that I wasn’t the only one.  So I started asking questions:

The first question: where was this extra revenue coming from? 

            As an accountant I knew something was up.  My first instinct was to assume, that since I had told my mom about the bet, that she assumed I was hoping to make more money and hoped to keep me around as long as possible by giving me raises and bonuses. But there needs to be money for there to be a raise or a bonus.

            First, I thought that my mom was just paying me out of her pocket, external from the business.  I also thought that she wanted to do this for me and that it wasn’t a huge burden to her.

I put the issue to rest for a while until something weird caught my eye on the most recent income statement.  I saw that the maintenance costs of her building, was being recorded as an asset as opposed to an expense.  So I asked my mom about it and she flipped out:

“You know, oh my god you know.”

I was confused and she never actually explained to me what I knew, but now I know that something strange is going on.


More questions and answers tomorrow....
JS

No comments:

Post a Comment